The Nursery

Power and Water – Check!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Today I finished cleaning up the mess that we made running the power and water to the nursery. What a project that was!! It amazes me sometimes how much destruction has to happen before progress can be made. It’s funny – I knew that the whole ditch digging process was going to be work, but I didn’t really put much thought into what happens AFTER the ditches are all dug. I forgot about the time and work it would take to run the wire and hoses, dig holes for hydrants and power poles, and then of course (my least favorite part) – clean up. I spent 8 hours out there today – raking up leftover dirt and hauling it away, putting my flower bed back together and completely re-doing the gravel driveway that is the entrance to the nursery. I am sore everywhere, but I am pretty happy with how it looks and I am so grateful to have this phase of the nursery project done. I know he probably will never see this but I want to send out a HUGE thanks to our friend Jerry LaGrande who ran all of the electricity for us. I am so humbled by his willingness to help and the amount of work he put in for nothing more than a thank you. And I can’t forget a thank you to our neighbor Al who came over while we were at work and made the final connection to the house water for us. We are so lucky to know such wonderful people!! Next weekend we begin phase two, but for now I need some food and some sleep . . . 🙂 Here are some before and after pictures:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *